Occasionally...

I've not blogged since forever...been busy actually. But I'll resume soon.

In the meantime, I'd drop these poems for you. Might be posting it occasionally - that's if the writer will be sending them to me.


Although, I'm not good at writing poems, but I appreciate good once when I read them and I'm sure you'd appreciate this too.


Enjoy...


Mary Slessor
a love
that never ends
begins with friendship
that never melts
firm always will it remain
irrespective of separation or distance

he thanks you
for the good things you said
for the better things you did
for the best times you shared

the flame of love of love
you ignited in him
will keep burning
the vision of you
planted in his brain
still remains
and always will remain
never aging
never fading
cause in you
he once saw love
and in you
he still sees love

(April 2005)
PS: in appreciation of the woman in human


Wisdom of words
there was a lady
i met in Abia
where hunger is
the order of the day

why i had to leave her
only God Almighty knows
for she could turn
stone to bread
and water to wine
but words have no wisdom
when its time
to say goodbye

(7 March 2003)

PS: hunger represents loneliness, stone - boredom, bread - satisfying / fulfilling friendship, water - unusual tranquillity, serenity and wine - merriment, laughter


Writer pleaded anonymity!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Did I Get Married?

...For Mama

Love Gives