25 Tips on How to Stay Married
1. Always put her first - before work, friends, even basketball. Act as if she's the best thing that ever happened to you, because we all know she is. (Same goes for ladies)
2. Keep no secrets. Pool your money. Allow nothing and no one to come between you.
3. Pick your fights with care. Play fair. Show some class. Hurtful words can be forgiven, but they are hard to forget.
4. Fall in love again every day. Kiss her in taxis. Flirt with her at parties. Tell her she is beautiful. Then tell her again. (Hmmmmmmm)
5. Never miss an anniversary or a birthday or a chance to make a memory. Memories may not seem important now, but one day they will be gold. (Guys, note!)
6. Never give her a practical gift. If she really wants a Shop-Vac, let her pick it out herself. (I’m not to sure ‘bout this).
7. Go to church together, and pray every day for each other and your marriage.
8. Pay your bills on time and make sure you each have a living will, a durable power of attorney and life insurance, lest, God forbid, you need them.
9. Love her parents as your own, but do not ask them for money. Never criticise her family or friends. On her birthday, send flowers to her mother with a note saying, "Thank you for giving birth to the love of my life."
10. Always listen to her heart; if you are wrong, say you are sorry; if you are right, and shut up. (Same goes for ladies)
11. Do not half-tie the knot; plan to stay married forever. (Hmmm… No Contract!)
12. Never go to bed mad; talk until you are over it, or you forget why you were mad.
13. Laugh together a lot. If you can laugh at yourselves, you will have plenty to laugh about.
14. Never criticise, correct or interrupt her in public; try not to do it in private either.
15. Remember that people are the least lovable when they are most in need of love.
16. Never fall for the myth of perfectionism; it's a lie.
17. When you don't like each other, remember that you love each other; pray for the "good days" to return and they will.
18. Tell the truth, only the truth, with great kindness.
19. Kiss at least 10 seconds a day, all at once or spread out. (I didn’t read this…lol)
20. Memorise all her favourite things and amaze her with how very well you know her.
21. Examine your relationship as often as you change the oil in your car; keep steering it on a path you both want it to go. (Interesting)
22. Be content with what you have materially, honest about where you are emotionally, and never stop growing spiritually. (Essential!)
23. Never raise your voice unless you are on fire. Whisper when you argue. (Useful tip)
24. Be both friends and lovers; in a blackout, light a candle, then make your own sparks. (Hmmm. Like this part)
25. Finally, be an interesting person, lead your own life. But always save your best for each other. In the end, you will know you were better together than you ever could've been apart.
Shared/ submitted by my naughtiest and best friend. I hope she won’t read this part…*wink*