Because I Love You

“If you give everything you own…and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but you do not love, you have gotten nowhere. No matter what you say, what you believe, and what you do, you are bankrupt without love”

Because I love you, I want you to know the meaning of my love and how deep it is. I want you to know that I am LOVE and I exude love and none can love you like I do, because my love is indescribable, unquantifiable, undeniable, and unconditional. Your money cannot buy my love. There is nothing you can do to make me love you less. Oh how much I love you. I have loved you before the world began and now that you are in the world, I still love you with an everlasting love.

What or who shall separate you from my love? Tragedy cannot; misfortune cannot; tribulations cannot; no one can…

And because I love you so so very much, I want you to love me back; and I want you to learn how to love – how to love yourself; your neighbours and me. I want you to know what it means to love…and as you proceed to tell that special one how much you love him or her in a week’s time, know these…

If you speak with human eloquence and angelic ecstasy but don't love, you are nothing but the creaking of a rusty gate.

If you speak God's Word with power, revealing all his mysteries and making everything plain as day, and if you have faith that says to a mountain, "Jump," and it jumps, but you don't love, you are nothing.

If you give everything you own to the poor and even go to the stake to be burned as a martyr, but you don't love, you have gotten nowhere. So, no matter what you say, what you believe, and what you do, you are bankrupt without love.

Love never gives up (patient);

Love cares more for others than for self (kind);

Love does not want what it does not have (contented);

Love does not strut (boast), does not have a swelled head (not proud);

Does not force itself on others (not jealous);

Isn't always "me first"(not selfish);

Does not fly off the handle (not rude);

Does not keep score of the sins of others;

Does not revel when others grovel (rejoices in truth and not in evil)

Takes pleasure in the flowering of truth;

Puts up with anything (supportive);

Trusts…;

Always looks for the best (loyal);

Never looks back, but keeps going to the end (hopeful);

Love never dies (never fails);

Inspired speech will be over some day; praying in tongues will end; understanding will reach its limit….But for right now …we have three things to do to lead us toward that consummation: Trust steadily in God (faith), hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.

Think on these things…as you express your love before, during and after Valentine’s Day.

Happy Val’s Day in advance.

Comments

  1. Hey..Bukola!...I swear I am just seeing this...but thank God I loved it..You're the mother of Modern day 'Romantic Romance'...lolzzzz...I must confess...it's DOPE DOPE DOPE!!!!!!!!!!
    Will always keep this in mind...thank u!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why Did I Get Married?

...For Mama

Things That Irritate Me